Thursday, December 8, 2011

Flexi Rod Success !!!

Hey Ladies !! Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. Let me get right to it!!
I started the whole process on a friday night around 10pm or so. I used my new favorite conditioner (Cream of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment packet) mixed with a few drops of Hollywood Beauty Morrocan Oil. I left the mix on my head for an hour or so. I shampooed with my Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Shampoo and then did a quick cowash with Tresemme Naturals conditioner to ensure all the shampoo was washed out.

I then sectioned my hair and applied Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in along with some Kera Care Foam Wrap Lotion. Finally I began to roll my hair, and I used some of my leftover Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (hadn't really used it much) on each piece that I rolled. In total, I used 32 purple flexirods. My rods are the Annie brand, in the 3/4 diameter. Here is a link :

http://www.blackhairspray.com/annie-soft-twist-rollers-7-purple-5-ct-3-4-diameter-annie1205.html










After rolling, I sat under the dryer for about an hour, by then it was around 1-2 am and I was exhausted so I went to sleep. I wasn't sure if I was completely dry, so I slept with them in again o_O . It wasn't terribly uncomfortable though, I kind of found the perfect spot, hahahaha.







In the morning I just unrolled and picked the curls apart !! Not to brag, but this style was such a hit!! People who know me compliment me and even complete strangers keep making positive comments and stop me wondering how I did it and saying how gorgeous they think it is. I definitely will do this style again!!! It may be my staple style for a little while :)









The links to my flexirod tutorial are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhGLj27rAIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb2mZEizvCg

Thank you as always!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hey there Shelley, I was trying to send you this in your inbox, but couldnt find it. My blog is http://24hourhair.wordpress.com. I prefer the curlformers because they give my hair a more sleek look. Yet they both did the same thing. I recently had both of them in my hair because i ran out of curlformers and was forced to use the flexirods. I think the cons for me were, the flexirods were heavier, and i had too much flyaway hair. I hope i'm making sense. The curlformers were a lot lighter on my head. (marsimone1)Responding from Youtube question.

    I am just doing trial and errors with the curlformers because, I made a mistake by applying snap rollers to my hair and messed up my spirally curls. The second curlformer set i have been sleeping with only my satin bonnet. I don't do much to my hair, but wear in a bun or ponytail. I explained in my blog where i got the curlformers. I also posted pictures. If you have more questions i'll be glad to answer them. Oh the curlformers at first can be a little frustrating to apply. I learned that the less sections for curlformers, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE RESULTS ARE JUST AMAZING.

    www;minasek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 24hourhair THANK YOU for responding =) I love your results and I will be looking into curlformers now :)thank you for the detailed description!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv!def enjoyed this post! very very cute!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helloooooo Shelley, It's been such a long time, you're MIA. I just came on to wish you a Happy Birthday, i can't remember exactly which day but i do remember that you're my fellow aquarian. So hope you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweety!! Where have you been! Hope all is well, I was just checking on you xoxo, Thykness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey shelly awesome hair style and you have nice skin as well, do you apply some skincare tips? and would you like to share those with us?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey shelley. you ran across my mind, as I celebrated my 3 year anniversary in Dec. Seeing your hair and journey really inspired me to make the commitment to go natural and I always credit you for that. Do you have an instagram?? or have you created a 3rd channel? I know you don't post on the first two channel you have on YT. I'd love to see the progress of your hair.

    ReplyDelete