Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Wore My Real Hair Out Yesterday....






...for the first time. I LOVED IT !

I made a youtube video about how I wanted to do it, and I expressed that I was nervous to see if I got any rude comments or stares. Noone payed me any attention, LOL... if they said anything good or bad, they didn't do or say it to my face. That's a good thing! I am very sensitive, sometimes =)

I took a few pics of how my hair looked. It was just a big huge 2 week old braidout I guess you could say, because I had worn my wig for 2 weeks straight and just took the cornrows out the night before. I can't wait to start wearing my hair out even more =) I don't know why I was shy !!! I guess I just had to feel comfortable, and now that I have enough hair on my neck I don't feel as bothered by the length ! I'm excited to wear my real hair to work too so that my coworkers can actually see that I'm growing it out. I will play it subtle at first and stick to my ponytail, but after they get used to that I'm rocking all sorts of rollersets, afro puffs, flexirod sets, twist outs, perm rod sets, braidouts, bantu knot outs, ALL THAT JAZZ !!! LOL

thank you for reading everyone !!

9 comments:

  1. YAY!! Go Michele!! your hair looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear this! Your hair is beautiful and I think that as long as you are comfortable with yourself, you will only get positive feedback. I can't wait to see pics (and videos) of all the styles that you are gonna be doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much Keisha !!! I am excited to share and keep on wearing my hair out. I realize my real hair is so much more exciting then the wigs and very unique, it shouldn't be hidden any longer. I'm very comfortable now =)

    Thank you again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is really cute. OH MY it has grown soooooooo much! Keep up the good work. BTW...are you still prepooing with honey? I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ms. Harmony

    Hey Lady !! I haven't used honey in MONTHS and I feel awful because I love it soooo much. I am going to go back to it ASAP though !! You will love it on your hair, it's a miracle worker !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks good, sis. I'm starting to think maybe I need to add more water to my regimen or...it's just plain ol' genetics that makes my hair seem like it grows at a snail's pace. *smile* I'll try more water before I blame DNA. *lol* You look lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks amazing...YAYYYY CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete