Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 Years Relaxer Free !!! Happy 2 Year Anniversary to Me !!!

Last week on December 15th, I made it to YEAR 2 of my Healthy Hair Journey !!! I can't believe how quickly the last 2 years have flown right by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was watching Lorraine's rollersetting tutorials, Ateeya's half wig videos, and Bronzeg's amazing relaxed hair journey. I really do hate to sound cliche, but the time did FLY, it only feels like I've been on my journey for a few months.

December 15th 2008 was also my last relaxer date. I had been without a relaxer for almost 6 months at that point, so I had a bit of NG. I wore weaves the entire time. Unfortunately, I was gluing in those weaves and using a flat iron to blend everyday. My hair was left thin and broken. The stylist did a great job of getting my hair straight, but she left the relaxer in WAY too long. I don't have pics from that day, but I do have pics that I took 2 weeks later. Do you ladies see why I began researching growing african american hair ???



Well, 2 years later, I am back to my length before the big chop and now I feel as though I'm ready to grow my hair out to all sorts of unbelievable lengths. I will be doing my last flat iron of the year a few days after Christmas (My Mom bought me an FHI flat iron, but I have to wait until then to use it). I can't wait to show you ladies that update picture. Hopefully I'll have a new camera by then also :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration! My last relaxer was April 26, 2010 with a big chop in mid-October. I can't wait to watch my hair blossom :-)

    ReplyDelete