Wednesday, December 22, 2010
I've finally figured how to do the perfect braidouts on my hair texture !! I'll keep this blog short and sweet :)
1. I section the hair off, or just keep an idea of how many braids I want and finger comb them as I go through the hair.
2. I spritz my hair lightly with water and apply some shea butter,like I normally do when I moisturize.
3. I seal the section of hair with Eco Styler Olive Oil gel, using the rake and smooth method.
4. I immediately braid the hair after applying gel, either loosely or in a cornrow. I use in between 5 and 8 braids. Here are typical braid patterns I use :
5. The result is nicely shaped hair that I can wear down, in a 'fro, in a puff, or any other style you like to do !!
Here are various braidout results I've gotten using this method..Try it and tell me if it works for you !!! I will post a Youtube video on this as soon as I get a new camera ( my camera broke, so I'm limited to my phone for pics now).