Wednesday, June 16, 2010

18 Months Since My Last Relaxer !!




Yesterday completed a full 18 months ( a full year and a half) since my last relaxer !!! My last relaxer was December 15th 2008. I still can't believe how far I've come. It's like a dream !!

Anyways, I'm VERRRRRY close to wearing my natural hair out without a headband or any other kind of accessory. My fro is getting larger !!! It's not much of a TWA anymore. As you can see in the first picture, my shrinkage is around 50%. I can't wait to straighten it out and be amazed, LOL.. In these pictures, I just got off of work and took my cornrows down and this was the result ! I'm going to start doing more braidouts on dry hair to continue and give my hair that "hang".

Thank you for reading everyone !!! Hang in there transitioners !!

5 comments:

  1. your hair is so beautiful & getting soooo long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful kisss -sista =-) i remember when you first did your bc on kiss. time really goes by fast. good luck. looking nice and healthy and thick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of a TWA anymore...it's not at all! Your has grown so much! Love it :-) it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just wanted you to know that I think that your natural hair is beautiful and it seems to be growing really fast. I'm not sure what length you are waiting for to rock it, but I really think you should try getting used to it at this length. I'm newly natural myself (bc'd in January) and I forced myself to rock the TWA even though I wasn't used to it at first. I'm telling you it makes a huge difference in the way that you feel about yourself. You are beautiful and personally I think that your hair looks nicer than the wigs (no offense meant by that). Anyways I wish you all the best in your journey and on your new job. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shelley! I just realized...we're pretty close to the same point in out NHJ. I did't start out with the intension to transition and right around that time i came across your vid No bc girl lol. So im going to take a pic like urs to reference.

    ReplyDelete