Wednesday, June 16, 2010

18 Months Since My Last Relaxer !!




Yesterday completed a full 18 months ( a full year and a half) since my last relaxer !!! My last relaxer was December 15th 2008. I still can't believe how far I've come. It's like a dream !!

Anyways, I'm VERRRRRY close to wearing my natural hair out without a headband or any other kind of accessory. My fro is getting larger !!! It's not much of a TWA anymore. As you can see in the first picture, my shrinkage is around 50%. I can't wait to straighten it out and be amazed, LOL.. In these pictures, I just got off of work and took my cornrows down and this was the result ! I'm going to start doing more braidouts on dry hair to continue and give my hair that "hang".

Thank you for reading everyone !!! Hang in there transitioners !!

6 comments:

  1. your hair is so beautiful & getting soooo long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful kisss -sista =-) i remember when you first did your bc on kiss. time really goes by fast. good luck. looking nice and healthy and thick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of a TWA anymore...it's not at all! Your has grown so much! Love it :-) it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just wanted you to know that I think that your natural hair is beautiful and it seems to be growing really fast. I'm not sure what length you are waiting for to rock it, but I really think you should try getting used to it at this length. I'm newly natural myself (bc'd in January) and I forced myself to rock the TWA even though I wasn't used to it at first. I'm telling you it makes a huge difference in the way that you feel about yourself. You are beautiful and personally I think that your hair looks nicer than the wigs (no offense meant by that). Anyways I wish you all the best in your journey and on your new job. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shelley! I just realized...we're pretty close to the same point in out NHJ. I did't start out with the intension to transition and right around that time i came across your vid No bc girl lol. So im going to take a pic like urs to reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious as to where you are these days, in life and with your hair? Did you make it to waist length. Any problems after reaching bra strap length. Do you wear it out all the time now?

    ReplyDelete