Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Protective Style #1



This is a phony bun that I made using Milky Way Indian Hair Brazilian Curl !!! I purchased 14 inches in a 1B. I LOVE IT !




- I cut the hair in half, and took one half of it to make my bun and saved the other half for another day =)

- I shampooed and conditioned the hair with my KeraCare Weaves & Extensions products.

- I washed my real hair as normal, applied my leave-ins, and then applied my Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel over my edges.

- I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and wrapped the tracks around my real ponytail.

- I bobby pinned the hair down, twisted it up into a bun, and wore that thing fiercely !!! Here are the pics and the link to my video where I show the entire process step-by-step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHl1ieh2CqE






I LOVE IT !!! Alot of my transitioning subscribers expressed how they want to try this. I'm so happy for you ladies, you'll love this style. Nicole, if you're reading, THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN ! I love this style and I plan on wearing it forever, LOL

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The hair matches your texture perfectly!! I have to put this in my rotation for the summer since I'm taking down my crochet braids. Just one question...was the hair expensive? I noticed you bought indian hair.

    www.naturalnfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is soooooooo pretty I would have never known this wasn't your hair if you didn't say anything..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sky !! =D

    ...and Thank you Ms Harmony !!! I do think the "indian hair" part of the name can be misleading, LOL...

    I'm not a weave expert but I do know that this is nothing like the pricey quality kind of indian hair you have to buy online by the ounce... I paid 40 dollars for it at the BSS. I only used exactly half of the pack,and I'm expecting it to last me at least 3 months for bunning only...I will keep you posted on how it holds up but I do think it was worth the price so far =) I just hope it stays this soft months from now. I'll keep everyone updated !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and pretty too! I am going to try and find some cheaper wet n wavy hair at my local bss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful hair! nice journey

    Love the blog : ) I"m a new follower. Please check out mine as well when you get the chance (hope you follow back)

    www.the-blisslist.com

    ReplyDelete